June 6, 2019 at 05:17 #18339Ramon ArangurenParticipantPosts: 3Threads: 8Joined: Aug 2018
Maybe I’m missing something, I just tried it and could not find a way to “search & relink” , the closest I got was a st path, which still needs me to actually know where the mas could be located at, instead of an automatic search of a given folder and an option to include sub folders…
June 6, 2019 at 06:23 #18344
June 6, 2019 at 07:40 #18345Ramon ArangurenParticipantPosts: 3Threads: 8Joined: Aug 2018
thank you so much!
July 29, 2019 at 19:17 #20368Michael HagelsiebParticipantPosts: 2Threads: 3Joined: Jun 2017
I wasn’t sure if I start a new thread or just add here, but it would be nice to display the unit system for each file so that you know if there will be any scaling issues when importing assets.
Thanks for the GREAT plugin!
August 5, 2019 at 08:48 #20411
Hi Alex, any news on PM version 3 release? When is the release date?
August 6, 2019 at 20:52 #20416
Approximately in the middle of September.
September 21, 2019 at 15:17 #20853
It would be nice to combine selected .mat files like so:
September 21, 2019 at 17:02 #20858
Thanks for idea!
September 21, 2019 at 20:35 #20863
Add the ability to double click the material in the browser to load it to the material editor.
September 22, 2019 at 14:08 #20870
Currently double-click used for assigning material to selected objects.
September 26, 2019 at 12:37 #20908
The Tagging of Materials would be great so that i can collect Materials in a new folder without changing their original name. Example:
Tags: Wood, Arariba, Glossy, Evermotion, …
September 26, 2019 at 13:22 #20911
September 26, 2019 at 12:49 #20909
Substance material create very big material libraries … no matter if i create them in 3ds max directly (substance plugin, Substance batch import > Matirial Library ) or in Project Manager … same size of created mat files … because of large textures … 30 Materials where 130 MB … but that differs a lot.
Anyway … it takes very long to open the Materail library … i know its not Project manager but the file size
in Connecter they use a nice workaround … they do not load the textures but somehow create a preview
when you drag and drop it to material editor it is witout maps and you have to select the material and use “material to vray” to create the full vray material
Maybe worth to think about it
September 26, 2019 at 13:35 #20912
Anyway … Substance takes very long to open the Material library …
Install the “Substance Designer”. It doesn’t required for full version but it allows to render previews using the sbsrender.exe. This will work faster then rendering using 3ds max.
Developers of connecter bought the Project Manager before releasing connecter ))). So I think that they use same method for getting preview for substance. Or not. I’m not check this.
when you drag and drop it to material editor it is without maps and you have to select the material and use “material to vray” to create the full vray material
Looks like a bug. Because this works for me. Try update to the latest version of Project Manager
September 26, 2019 at 12:53 #20910
After 2 weeks of extensive usage of Project Manager i am totally happy … what a time saver
So only one more wish for the moment:
Keep up the good work
September 26, 2019 at 13:38 #20913
I’m greatly appreciate your feedbacks!
October 5, 2019 at 01:06 #20953Michael HagelsiebParticipantPosts: 2Threads: 3Joined: Jun 2017
Any updates on the 3.0 release? Last I saw it was scheduled for mid September.
October 6, 2019 at 15:26 #20965
Demo of 3rd version will be available from next week.
Want to remind that all licenses which was bought after 1st June 2018 will be updated to 3rd version for free. Access to full version will be given a little bit later.
October 10, 2019 at 21:31 #21015
October 30, 2019 at 14:07 #21822
Hey Alex, great work with a new version of PM, I’ve been waiting for this for so long. Thanks!
Couple of questions: I’ve upgraded from ver 2 to ver 3 since I bought it in June 2017, will I get a second license with the upgrade?
Also a few things that I really was waiting for but for now they don’t work as I hoped or would like to have in future:
- Favorites. Can it be like in Connecter. Its really important to have search there, within favorites (like a search bar), sort them by name and order, favorites and sub-favorites sorting, icons and custom icons with custom colors, also ability to organize them by dragging multiple favorites in the same time. (Ex. you have brand names category in fav, and if you have a 1000 names it will take forever to find). Also ability to add o fav when right click on the model (like search bar and + for create new fav). I’ve tried connecter for a bit and that feature became very valuable in creating the library. I see that so many people ask about that also on the connecter forums. Also when I open fav tab with many tags/fav 3d max hangs and then closes.
- Also another very useful feature that I used in connecter is auto-assign previews. Is scans all the folders and assigns previews automatically so I dont have to go to each folder and rename the preview to the same name with max file. Also will be good to have an option to add preview from the folder manually in right click >thumbnail drop-down
- In the tab with info it will be great to have each tag clickable so when the model has a tag/fav for ex “Sofa” I can just click there and it will show all sofas that I have. It will be good to have a check box or settings for which type of info to show (ex. I almost don’t use comments, but I use a lot of tags so it would be good to hide the comment box to see all the tags).
- Logo at he top takes as much space as info at the bottom. We all love PM but it would be better to add that space for info tab and put the little logo in he top bar.
- I cant preview .max files in 3d with view asset, its empty. Also when I open preview of the model/texture with built in PM viewer I can zoom in/out.
Sorry for a lot of writing, if I wasn’t clear about something please let me know. I love PM and will be the first who buys PM 4 :)). Thanks!
P.S. I’m not sure if this is the right “Topic” to wright in so u can move it if needed.
October 30, 2019 at 14:34 #21825
Thanks for your feedback and wishes.
You help me make PM better.
October 30, 2019 at 14:24 #21824
Also another very useful feature that I used in connecter is auto-assign previews.
Yes, I agree with this. Possibly allow regular expression matching also and not just the basic masks that connector allows.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.