FilepathFinder it is a power tool for working with asset files in 3ds Max.
With FilepathFinder you can easy find, collect and work with asset files.
Utility supports XRefs of all types and processes all XRefs scenes linked to current.
Unlike all other such scripts, it really finds all resources (images, HDR-images, Proxy, IES-files, shaders).
FilePathFinder help you quick select objects in your scene or find desired materials and textures and placed they to Material Editor.
Also with this tool you can easy make a archive a 3ds Max scene.
FilePathFinder Pro – Toolbar, Filter Assets
Installation and Reception of License Key
Installation and Reception of License Key (on the example of the Project Manager)
- Download archive with plugin.
- Unpack the archive on a hard disk
- Run the 3ds Max.
- Drag the .mzp file into the viewport
- The installation will be automatically started.
- Follow the instructions on screen for complete the installation.
- Generate the identification file, if you are the official client and you need a new license.
- In the 3ds max menu "Customize">> "Customize User Interface">> Category "Track" choose the plugin and drag it to the Panel of the Instruments.
Receiving the License Key.
To generate a license file I need to get a identification file for your computer.
- After Payment send the identification file using the dashboard (in this case you receive a license during half hour)
Also you can send it to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (it requires a more time for answering - up to 48 hours)
- Run the 3ds Max.
- Choose the menu-item "Activation" from 3ds Max menu "Project Manager" or from the plugin menu "Help".
- Press the button "Apply Key File".
- Choose the license key.
- It is all!
- Have a nice day!
Also please see help file:
Note:Please use latest updates for your version of 3ds max
3ds Max Updates & Service Packs Demo version allows to work only with non-strikeout files.
FilePathFinder PRO Update History
May 12, 2016
- Updates the studio for rendering previews for materials.
- Adds an ability for select items by typing them names on the keyboard.
- Zoom to a map/material after placing it into the Slate Material (3ds Max 2014 and above).
- Fixes a potential bug with tracking asset files in 3ds Max 2010.
- Fixes an issue with tracking assets for files opened from the 3ds Max ‘Start-up Template’ dialog.
- Fixed a bug with updating what occurs on some computers.
- Fixed a minor issue with sorting items in the listview.
- Fixed an issue with showing thumbnails in the ‘Confirm replace’ dialog.
- Fixed an issue with clearing items in listView after closing the ‘Preferences’ dialog.
March 21, 2016
- Fixed a bug what occurs on some computers when opening the ‘Folder Browser’ dialog.
- Fixed a bug with rendering preview for 3d models in the 3dsMax 2016 when using custom studio scene.
- Fixed a bug in the ‘Confirm replace’ dialog.
- Fixed some other issues.
January 9, 2016
- Add support to Octane renderer version 2.XX
- Fixed a bug in the Demo version when a customer try search the asset files.
- Fixed issues with creating and relinking a Maxwell lights.
- Fixed a minor issue with updating.
- Fixed other some minor issues.
August 3, 2015
- Adds the ability to archiving a 3ds Max scene. (menu "Tools"=>"Archive scene")
- Fixed a bug with using the plugin with 'Models Manager' and 'Materials Manager'.
July 2, 2015
- Fixed a bug with "Translate Paths ..." with option "Include output paths".
- Fixed a bug with relinking asset files with option "Rename File on Hard Drive".
- Fixed a minor issue with relinking.
- Fixes some minor interface issues.
June 15, 2015
- Fixed the issue with keeping the settings of the Target Lights after relinking the ies file.
- Fixed the bug after using the "Reset Settings" option.
- Fixed a some minor issues with updating the plugin.
- Fixed a some minor issues with setting the directory for searching for 'Batch Render&Relink' tool.
- Fixed a some minor issues with interface in the 'Batch Render&Relink' tool.
- Fixed an issue with winApi what occurs on some computers
- Adds ability to set intensity multiplier for rendering of the IES files. [Batch Render&Relink]
- Fixes the issue with starting on the x32 system.
- Fixes some issues with generating the preview for HDR, EXR and PSD files.
- Fixes a potential issues with translating a paths to local\network.
March 30, 2015
- Increase the size of thumbnails up to 256px
- Adds the support to Corona renderer
- Adds the support to Octane renderer
- Adds support to Maxwell renderer:
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell Proxy
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell MxLight
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell MxMesher
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell MxParticles
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell MxVolumetric
- Search\Collect\Relink for Maxwell Materials and Maps
- Add the ability to render the preview as .png with alpha channel.[Batch Render&Relink]
- Fixed the some issues and bugs when the system use the text with size greater than 100%.
- Fixed the issue with hiding the Vray VFB window.
- Fixed the bug with locking the 3ds max hotkeys after opening some menus.
Note: This version is required the new license-key. The update is free! Please send a request for update from dashboard.
September 8, 2013
- Fixed a bug with rendering preview for 3d models [Batch Render&Relink]
- Fixed a some issues with gamma when rendering thumbnails [Batch Render&Relink]
- Fixed a bug with black output when rendering the thumnails for materials with Vray frame buffer [Batch Render&Relink]
- Fixed a bug with generating the identification file on some computers
- Fixed some minor issues for folder-browser dialog
- Fixed some minor issues with interface
July 29, 2013
- Fixed a bug with Browse dialog when user have installed AutoCad 2014
- Fixed a bug with relinking assets in the BatchRender&Relink
- Fixed some minor issues with interface.
April 16, 2013
- Adds support to renderer Octane - working with asset files.
- Adds support to renderer Octane - rendering previews.
- Fixes issue with blocking 3ds max hotkeys after opening menu “File”.
- Fixes issue with setting a default renderer in Batch Render&Relink.
- Fixes issue with applying render-preset in Batch Render&Relink.
April 6, 2012
- Adds ability to reorder Search directories with drag&drop.
- Adds ability to set Default Renderer for Batch Rendering.
- Display xRefs in tree mode.
- Merge materials for xRef Objects.
- Now you can add Custom Dependencies with drag&drop.
FilePathFinder PRO v.3.6.16
- Fixes a bug with rendering of 3d models.
- Fixes a bug with starting the "FilePathFinder PRO" on some computers.
December 23, 2011
- Displaying embedded to 3ds max files thumbnails.
- Adds ability to use custom studio for rendering the 3d models and materials.
- Adds ability to includeexclude models by extension to batch rendering
(by default is it 3ds Max,VrayProxy, Mental Proxy, 3ds, obj).
- Fixes a issue with flipping thumbnails for max and video files.
FilePathFinder PRO v.3.6.02
- Some changes for Preferences dialog.
- The new improved system of search for asset files.
- Fixes some minor issues for batch render.
FilePathFinder PRO v.3.5.45
- Fixes issue with hide/freeze Command Panel after relink&collect the asset files.
May 6, 2011
- Adds support to 3ds Max 2012.
- Adds support to Substance Textures.
- Adds ability to render thumbnails for 3ds, fbx, obj, vrmesh(Vray Proxy), mib(Mental Ray Proxy) files.
- Some changes for Dark theme interface.
- Fixes issues with memory leaking with render thumbnails.
- Fixes some minor issues with utility “Batch Render&Relink”
- Fixes issues with loading render-preset files for render thumbnails.
- Fixes issues with autosearching asset files for render thumbnails.
March 23, 2011
- Now a batch render and search , collect and relink the files in batch mode is done via the utility “Batch Render&Relink”.
- You can change the paths in xRef-files without opening the file (available for max 2010 and above)
- Adds the ability to translate path to local or network, including the output files.
- Dark theme.
- Fixes a bug with render thumbnails for 3ds max 2010&2011.
- Fixes a bug for 3ds max 2011 when working with Slate Material Editor.
FilePathFinder PRO v3.3.40
- Increase speed of loading thumbnails.
- Fixes issues with relinking V-Ray environment maps.
- Fixes issue occurs on some computers when running utility.
FilePathFinder PRO v3.2.70
- The Utility "Render Thumbnail" is Updated.
- Adds the ability to render all materials and textures in the Material Library.
- Adds the ability to specify size for thumbnails rendering.
- Adds the ability to use for models rendering the renderer settings from the scene.
- Adds the ability to use for models rendering active viewport.
- Adds the ability to specify custom view for models rendering .
- Fixes the issues for auto detection compatible render-preset for Models Materials and Material Libraries.
- Now with the utility supplied three render-presets(For Scanline, Mental Ray and Vray), but if you use a different renderer, you can add your own render-preset.
FilePathFinder PRO v3.2.68
- Fixes issues with Removing Links
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.64
- Fixes issues with cancel dialog for 3ds Max 2011 when run collect asset files.
- Fixed issues with cancelling Collect Files operation.
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.61
- Fixes some issues with working in not saved 3ds Max file
- Fixed a bug with Vray SP5 and above where in the list of texture files were shown Render Output Files
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.55
- Fixes a bug at collection the files in version 3.2.53
- Fixes the issues with collection the files without extensions
- Adds the ability to check for Updates at Startup the utility
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.53
- Fixes a bug at frequent the opening/closing FilePathFinder
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.50
- Adds ability to auto fix Texture paths for new merged objects on fly (if possible and needed)
- Adds "Post-Open Script" Section in Batch Mode
- Adds hotkey for removing links from scene by Delete-key
- Fixes some issues with Replacing Objects
- Fixes some other minor issues
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.33
- Adds support for Max 9SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
FilepathFinder PRO v3.2.28
- Adds support for Max 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Adds ability to change path for cache files
- Some Interface changes
- Fixes some issues with creating new materials in Max 2011
- Fixes some minor issues
FilePathFinder PRO v3.2.16
- Fixes some issues with collecting preview thumbnails
- Fixes a problem due to a bug in Max 2011 with decimal divider
FilepathFinder v 3.2.12
- Adds compatibility to Slate Material Editor
- Adds helper tool for placing objects
- Adds ability for standard method of drag&drop the files with Shift-key
- Adds ability to rotate objects clockwise with Control-key and counter clockwise with Alt-key
- Adds ability to render preview for 3ds max scenes with "Render Preview" tool
- Adds ability to search, relink and collect files included to the Material Library files
- Adds ability to collect preview thumbnails with source files
- Adds ability to remove maps by links from scene
- Fixes bug for 3ds max 2010 and 2011 versions that arising because of wrong preservation the Custom Dependets Files in these versions of 3ds Max
- Fixes some issues with dragging material libraries onto objects and into the Material Editor
- Fixes some issues in 3dsMax 2011 with dragging objects onto viewport
- Fixes issues when user has installed egzMaterials
- Fixes issues with the correct designation the texture size when using different System Units and Display Units
FilePathFinder Pro v3.1.40
- Adds ability to easy drag several 3d models into the scene
- New convenient methods of merging and placing the objects in the scene
- Adds ability for adding files to list by drag&drop method
- Fixes some issues with russian file-names
FilePathFinder Pro v3.1.32
- Sped up loading of thumbnails
- Adds ability to collecting files included in IFL
- Changed the location of the button "Add Files to Project"
FilepathFinder v 3.1.27
- Adds ability to drag files of materials (".mat") on objects in viewport and into the Material Editor
- Adds filter for Images and Not-Images Files
- Fixes issues with speed for Showing Files in List with filter
- Fixes issue occurs on some computers when running utility
FilepathFinder v 3.1.15
- DotNet interface
- Image preview list
- Image preview for Mental Ray Proxy, Vray Proxy, Ies,Material and xRef (if to them exist preview image)
- 3 modes to display files - Details, Details with Thumbnails and Thumbnails
- New methods of collection of files - via clipboard and drag&drop method
- Ability to add bitmap files, proxy, Ies, materials and other files to the project
- Ability to create new materials
- Creating Multimaterial with dragging of several images
- Texturing of objects and subobjects
- Ability to change setting for texture before or after the creating of material
- New Render Preview Tool
- Fixes issues with retargeting of Custom Dependents in Asset Tracking
- Object selection has been accelerated (up to 100 times!)
- "Transparent" demo-version
- Adds "Show in Viewport" function
- Adds shortcut "Resolve All Files with Status #Found" by F3-key
- Adds shortcut "Set Path" by F6-key
- Adds dynamic displaying in the list "External Files" at input of a mask of a required file in the field "Find"
- Fixes issues with conteiner files in 3ds Max 2010 without "Deep Relink" function
- Fixes issues with retarget files speed
- Fixes issues with "Image view" mode
- Adds "Batch Mode" for external files over many Max files correction
- Adds an ability to collect external files from many Max files with the "Batch Mode"
- In "Batch Mode" User can:
- -To collect files into the same with the Max file folder
- -To collect external files into the Max file subfolder
- -To collect external files into one folder
- -To collect external files into subfolder named as Max file
- Fixes some interface issues
- Fixes some issues with the demo version
- Removes some restrictions from the demo version.
- Fixes issues with the updating of external files when adding xRef and when "Refresh at Start" is off.
- Adds ability to work with unsaved max file.
- Correction for copying the animated MentalRay Proxy files.
- Now preview are copied together with MentalRay Proxy files.
- FilePathFinder settings are now saved when installing new versions.
- Adds shortcut "Edit bitmap" by F4-key
- Adds «Make Report» function.
- *Adds «Deep relink» function.
- By default «Deep Relink» function is off.
- Use «Deep relink» function only if the standard method of the path to your files not relinking.
- This method is somewhat slower.
- If you still have to use «Deep relink» function, please create and send the developer a report about your problem.
- Adds "View Files-List by Selection" filter
- Fixes same interface issues
- Adds "View Files-List by Filetype" filter
- Adds "Check for Update" function
- Selection of objects is accelerated (max selection time 5 sec. Tested on scene with 35 000 objects)
- Fixes a finding of textures and a select of objects on textures containing in objects.
- Selection of objects is accelerated
- Rename filename by F2-key (shortcut only)
- Rename filepath + filename by ctrl+F2 (shortcut and menu)
- Adds Image Preview for bitmaps
- Fixes Image preview
- Fixes Resize "File Collector" rollout by height
- Adds "Check up files with invalid paths" function for external scene files
- Adds "Duplicate compare" dialog for "Copy to" menuitem
- Fix save/restore Selection files in Files-List
- Change multiply files in "Browse" menu
- Open selected bitmaps in your editor (set-select for program in submenu)
- Resize "File Collector" rollout by height
- Fixes an error when starting in Max 2008
- Adds 'Place to Material Editor' function
- Adds full refresh for external scene files by CTRL+Clicking on the 'Refresh' button