When opening or working with an Autodesk®3ds Max® software file (*.max), the scene displays some or all of the following behaviors:
- Crashes or fails to open
- Corrupted scene data
- Empty helper nodes
- Unable to save the scene manually
- Unable to use the Undo function
- Displays various MAXScript errors
- Corrupts or removes cameras, lights, and/or materials
- Forces an auto-save after breaking the scene or when choosing “Don’t Save” when closing
- Adds itself to an existing script in the MAXscript startup directory
- Force closes 3ds Max
- Unable to save V-Ray lights
Read original article about issue and solution on Autodesk Knowledge Network.
Install and use the 3ds Max Security Tools from Autodesk, Inc.
3ds Max Security Tools protects you from CRP, ADSL and ALC 3rd party scripts, which can corrupt the 3ds Max environment, cause data loss and instability, as well as spread to other systems.
3ds Max Security Tools can safely remove corruption-causing scripts from your system, including any infected scene files.
The cleaning process is non-destructive and does not affect any scene data.
The Security Tools detect and remove the scripts when 3ds Max starts, as well as when a scene is loaded or saved, including when the scene is merged or XRefed.
The Security Tools will protect and clean systems that are already infected, and allow you to safely use scene files shared from other machines.