MultiScatter is a plug-in for 3ds max which works with V-Ray and Mental Ray.
Creator: Andrey Kozlov (Karba)
Capability of creation huge amount of objects in array (hundreds of thousands and millions)
Quick rendertime generation of objects with optimized RAM management
Random transformations (scale, rotation) of objects in array
Distribution of objects based on bitmaps or procedural maps
Scaling of objects based on bitmaps or procedural maps
Realtime viewport preview of objects placement
Different types of viewport preview of objects
Special procedural map the MultiScatterTexture
Differences from VRayScatter:
1. Mental Ray support (geometry and Mental Proxy)
2. Not only VrayProxy but any kind of geometry supported
3. Many objects in one Scatter
4. Probability texture for objects “clustering”
5. Multithreading support in all operations including viewports
6. Picking objects directly from a scene
7. Materials, property and animation interactively depended to scene objects.
8. “Help pictures” for new users (possible to switch off).
9. Revolutionary viewport preview mode – points.
10. Diffuse colour or wirecolor preview in viewport.
11. Collision preview in viewport.
12. Converting MultiScatter object to single mesh or instant copied objects.
13. MultiScatter utility.