- Virtually unlimited number of layers.
- Linear workflow, so you dont have to create complex branches of submaps.
- Auto renames submap according to its blending mode and opacity value.
- Every layer has it’s own mask slot. Also it is possible to use alpha channel from bitmap (when available) as layer mask.
- Works with bump. Yes, now you can use all your favorite blending methods to create complex multi-layered bump maps!
- mental ray support.
- Exposing of parameters to Curve Editor and ability to animate them.
- Maxscript access.
Brief interface elements description:
- Sets the total number of layers.
- Base layer. It doesn’t have opacity or blending mode controls since there is nothing before itself.
- Texture map slot.
- Layer mask slot.
- Layer number. You can change layer ordering simply by entering new layer number. This will swap current layer with the layer which number you have entered.
- Layer enable/disable checkbox.
- Opacity control.
- Output rollout. Contains various color correction controls for fine tuning of result.
- Adds new layer after the last existing layer. Ctrl+clickto specify layer insertion position.
- Deletes last layer. Ctrl+click to specify which layer to delete.
- Layer texture slot enable/disable checkbox. If unchecked, then color (14) will be used instead.
- Layer mask slot enable/disable checkbox.
- Blending mode drop-down list.
- Color selector. Used when layer texture slot is unchecked or empty.
You can download demo version which has limited functionality – saving and loading of parameters is disabled.
If you find this plugin useful, you can purchase full version online using a variety of payment methods.
After purchasing a full version of plugin you get a free version for network rendering.
It allows you to open and render scenes that use Map Layers on unlimited number of rendernodes.
Map Layers compared to Photoshop