Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts
    Eric Yepiz
    Participant
    Threads: 0
    Up
    Down
    ::

With 3ds max 2016’s ability to remove missing maps from a scene it would be awesome for Batch Render&Relink to remove the missing/unused maps from models in the Project manager model library.

Threads: 1056

Now you can remove maps so:

Open the scene and change the tab to “Asset Files”.

Select links for removing and choose the menu item “Remove links from scene”.

Oliver Hessian
    Participant
    Threads: 1

Is it possible to Batch process existing files and remove all the unused maps from the scenes using this tool? I have the problem that I often save assets out of projects as they are developed so the individual files end up with all the active materials from the scene they were created in saved with them which creates much larger files than needed for the library. Opening the library file and deleting all the slate material tabs and clearing any other maps from environment, render elements etc. for each file would be much too time consuming. Thanks for your help

Threads: 1056

Yes – you can. Just turn the option “Clear Unused Materials” int he preferences dialog.

This removes unused materials in the Standard and Slate materials editor when batch relinks model files.

Clear Unused Materials

Threads: 2

It would be great if it could remove unused maps from asset tracking aswell. this way when you select a file in project manager it will display only the maps used by the materials.

Right now if you performs a cleaning maps batch with BatchRender&Relink the maps are removed but persist in the asset manager and whe you inspect the file in project manager the number of maps doesn’t change in compare to before making the batch cleaning up.

I hope this makes any sense for you :)

Viewing 5 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.