Viewing 10 posts
    Andrew Tesoriero
    Participant
    Threads: 3
    Up
    Down
    ::

It would be great to add categories that link back to the models. Similar to the favorites folder but with the abiltiy to create as many as you like. For example I have different folders of furniture brands, within those would be various chairs. If i had a chair category at root folder i could quickly search all the available chairs in one location.

Additional to this adding tags to the models and the ability to see, refine and search these tags would greatly help the process. For example – chair, high back, arm rests

Also having a rating system would also speed up the process. For example in my chair category i could view the results by rating, and therefore see my preferred models.

All these features are similar to what you would find in image viewing software like google picasa, or windows live photo gallery.

cheers

Threads: 1060

“It would be great to add categories that link back to the models. Similar to the favorites folder but with the abiltiy to create as many as you like. For example I have different folders of furniture brands, within those would be various chairs. If i had a chair category at root folder i could quickly search all the available chairs in one location.”

You can use catalogs for store favorite folders in one place from different locations .

“Additional to this adding tags to the models and the ability to see, refine and search these tags would greatly help the process. For example – chair, high back, arm rests”

Add description to your files and search desired models by description.

Andrew Tesoriero
    Participant

thanks for the video link Alex.

My next question is with the ability to add multiple folders under a catalog, is it possible to view all the models in the sub-folders by clicking the header catalog? in your example clicking on ‘sitting’ would show all the chairs you have added in all the subfolders. I think this would help the visual process of searching immensely.

many thanks

You can use search

Andrew Tesoriero
    Participant

thanks for that, unfortunately that seems create additional tedious steps and assumes that i’ve either named and added descriptive comments for all my models.

Ideally what i am trying to do is make searching through all the various folders and subfolders which can be all over the place a more simple, intuitive and visual experience. for example. I click on my catalogue “sitting” and i see all chair thumbnails linked in one place.

additionally what about adding a feature similar to the cloud widget seen on blogs?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-tag-cloud-widget/screenshots/

many thanks.

Thanks for idea.

peterletten
    Threads: 24

I agree that tagging would be really useful – its probably our single biggest wish for Project Manager.

We currently have a huge model library that is all tagged in the Metadata using Bridge.

It would be GREAT if Project Manager could filter these tags – or even go one better than Bridge and enable Boolean subtractive searchs.

Is there any intention to add metadata tagging anytime soon?  The main benefit I can see for this over your “Descriptiion” panel is that most users  will already have metadata tags and it maintains compatability with other images browsers such as ACDSee and Adobe Bridge.

I not planned in the near future to adds a support to tags from Adobe Bridge.
      In any case, I’ll look if it possible.

George Chianese
    Participant
    Threads: 2

I think what we are looking for is something similar to the tagging function of the designconnected connector app.
      I am on the beta program for it, but have recently switched to program manager because it has more features and is easier to use.
      I still do not understand how the catalog works in the material manager.
      Ideally I would like to create a catalog lets say “metals” and drag any .mat file into it from other folders.
      This way I could see all the “metal” libraries I have created over the years in one place.

Version 3 will have more advanced capabilities for cataloguing the assets.

But the materials have some features.

Materials are stored in material library files what makes working with them is difficult.

I have an idea how to solve this problem, but I can implement it only after releasing of the third version.

This is about the beginning of next year.

Thanks for your ideas.

Viewing 10 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.