Viewing 6 posts
    Nicolas
    Participant
    Threads: 0

Hi, the embedded bug report tool looks broken (“– Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception:…) so I post the message here.

It seams the render thumbnail using a custom studio has few problems.
      The main issue concerns the Render setup :
      – 3ds max is open, the scene is reset (empty)
      – I open Project manager
      – select a model, right click/thumbnail/settings
      – in the Renderers drop down, I select Vray and my render preset
      – the “Use scene renderer” is checked but disabled, whatever option I choose
      – I check “Use custom Studio” and select my custom studio .max file
      – Now I close this window, and right click/thumbnail/Render thumbnail on my model
      – the model briefly appears in the viewport and the scene gets render using the Scanline

So I check my thumbnail settings :
      – The Renderer is now “Default Scanline Renderer” (whereas i selected Vray) but the render preset is the right one, I select Vray again
      – The “Use Custom Studio is still checked
      – I render the thumbnail again : same thing, scene is rendered using Scanline

– Now I try something :
      – the scene is still empty, I go to the render setup and load my render preset which set the renderer to vray with the settings I want
      – I retry to render the thumbnail
      – the render is just fine : correct custom studio with correct render settings

Obviously the Renderer options are not taken into account.. (and the “Use scene renderer” option looks to be broken)

Threads: 1060
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Nicolas

Hi, the embedded bug report tool looks broken (“– Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception:…) so I post the message here.

Run the bug-report again and after receiving the error open the maxscript listener (3dsmax menu MaxScript)

Also please archive the Project Manager folder (C:\Users\Nicolas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\2009 -64bit\enu\scripts\TrackScripts\ProjectManager) and send to me.

After check for latests hotfixes ad SP for 3ds max and dotNet.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9241178

(After linking the preset to the renderer you must press the button “Link”)

I render the thumbnail again : same thing, scene is rendered using Scanline

After configuring the tool (but it must work fine also by default!) please check if scene, which you render, if it not contains the materials  unsupported to Vray.

Thanks for feedback.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Alex Kramer

Nicolas
    Threads: 24
    Up
    Down

Hi,

The last SP for max 2009 and last version of dotNet 4 were already installed on my workstation, I reinstall them and still have the same error when trying to send a bug. Here is the message I have in the maxscript listener :

“– Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: Impossible d'achever l'opération sur certains fichiers et répertoires. Pour plus d'informations, consultez la propriété des données de l'exception.”

How can I send you the archive ?

About my problem, the Batch Render&Relink works perfectly fine, it uses the renderer specified by the render preset.

The problem only occurs when trying to render a thumbnail manually for a single model : it always uses the render settings from the current scene instead of using the preset settings.

For instance:

– I start 3dsmax, scene is empty

– Set the renderer to mental ray

– open Project Manager, click on model/thumbnail/settings/load the preset, check custom studio.. / close

– click on model/thumbnail/render thumbnail => image is rendered by Mental Ray

– now change the current scene renderer to scanline, repeat previous step => thumbnail is rendered by scanline.

Up
    Down

Hi

Here is the message I have in the maxscript listener :

Please post screen with message.

How can I send you the archive ?

You can send mail to support@3d-kstudio.com

About the second bug – soon i posting some tips about usage.

I think that has some misunderstandings.

Thanks.

simmsimaging
    Threads: 24
    Up
    Down

I am having the same problem trying to change the render engine to Vray for material thumbnails. I followed your link to the FAQ and hitting ‘link’ does not make a difference. I am not using a demo of Vray.

It certainly does not appear to be working properly, is there something else to try?

Up
    Down

Set the renderer as default will be available in the next version.
      Now you can link the all renderers to one render-preset.
      Link Vray to Model_vray.rps
      Link Scanline renderer to Model_vray.rps
      Link Mental Ray to Model_vray.rps

Viewing 6 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.