Viewing 9 posts
    edward_turner
    Participant
    Threads: 8

Hi,

we want to render a thumbnail from a material like we do it already succesful with our 3d models.
      Unfortunalty, after rendering a correct images it will not be linked with the material library file like a 3d modell. After rendering the low res preview will be somehow overwritter and just the *.mat max icon will be shown. The created jpg is saved in an folder (named after the material library name) and the PM is not able to show it inside of the PM.

Any Idea?

Threads: 1056

What’s the name of material for which you try make a preview?

edward_turner
    Participant

et_Brass in the Mtl Manager

I created a “New Material Library.mat” in the PM. The PM created a new Folder New Material Library and in that Directory there is a the renderd file: et_Brass.mat.jpg

I already tried to rename it to et_Brass.jpg without success.

Any Idea?

Please update the “Project Manager” to latest version
      https://3d-kstudio.com/my-account/

If problem doesn’t solved please generate the bug report
      (menu “Project Manager” ==>> Create support Request)

edward_turner
    Participant

It doesn´t work. I send a bug report.

edward_turner
    Participant

Short Update.

As we have three licences I can see that the other stations are showing the thumbnails of the rendered material. So it seems to be a local problem. That surprises me, because we have the exact same Dell machine and same Software installed. And it is professional administrated.

Interestingly the rendered thumnails is somehow linked when right click on the material. It is possible to “view image”. The right thumbnail is shown. I already send a bug report without feedback. 

Do you have ANY Idea or hint where we could look or something we could try?
      We would much appreciate it.

Please resend report – i don’t receive your mail.

edward_turner
    Participant

Just send a report with “successful” window.. Could be that the Port is closed from admin..

Please archive and send the directory “temp” to mail support@3d-kstudio.com

(%LocalAppData%Autodesk3dsMax20xx\ENU\scripts\TrackScripts\ProjectManager\temp)

Viewing 9 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.